Talented And Gifted (TAG)
**Please read the links below before contacting SATO's TAG Coordinators*
Parent Nomination Forms for TAG Testing
A school newsletter will be sent to families in mid to late October with nomination information and submission deadlines.
Each year students are considered for Talented and Gifted students in the Beaverton School District. These services are provided by your child's classroom teacher(s). If you think your child might qualify, you may wish to complete the Parent Information Form below. Completing this form gives your child's school TAG committee more information about your child. Classroom teachers also collect observational data from students each fall and make recommendations for testing.
- K-3 Parent Information FormPDF opens in a new windowPDF download
- 4-8 Parent Information FormPDF opens in a new windowPDF download
- K-8 Formato de Información de los PadresPDF opens in a new windowPDF download
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and our current reality of Comprehensive Distance Learning, the BSD TAG testing process will look different this year. Teachers will spend this Fall collecting evidence on how students respond to differentiation within their distance learning classroom. School TAG facilitators will collect nominations from teachers and parents this Fall, and along with collected evidence, decisions will be made on which students will be selected to test in person after January 11, 2021. More details regarding testing will be updated on or before January 5, 2021.
- The CogAT Screener will not be administered to all 3rd and 5th grade students this year.
- A school TAG committee will determine which K-3 students take the CogAT, based on nominations and collected evidence. Testing will occur after January 11, 2021.
- All 5th grade students will be invited to take the CogAT Full version at selected sites in early November. Scores from the full version of the CogAT can be used for both TAG/Summa.
IOWA TEST OF BASIC SKILLS (ITBS: READING AND/OR MATH)
Elementary Schools: A school TAG committee will determine which K-5 students take the ITBS based on nominations and collected evidence. Testing will occur after January 11, 2021.